vrijdag 13 oktober 2023

Cryptic error messages in snowflake

Sometimes I miss SQL SERVER. For instance, I forgot the ; behind the CURRENT_TIMESTAMP(). Now Snowflake indicates that an error has happened about the alias I was using in my MERGE statement. My initial thoughts were that Snowflake in the MERGE statement didn't support aliassing (may be stupid, but hey the error was about the alias). Checking the documentation, doing some googling, finding some examples and comparing  with what I have being trying. In the end I saw that the ; was missing. Time wasted.



It happened quite some times now with Snowflake. If you forget ; somewhere in your code, especially in SQL Stored procedures, you get all kind of strange error messages that are sometimes hard to understand.


I hope that Snowflake improves the error messages...

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten