In one of my projects i'm building a SSIS framework as base for housing of all sorts of different SSIS packages. The purpose is to get all SSIS packages standardized in order to get advantages like uniformity, monitoring, one central location for storing meta information, quick error solving, performance tuning, etc.
We have established a framework with all kind of features:
- Automatic logging of package information in a SQL Server services database.
- Automatic logging of package information in a file.
- The use of checkpoints in a package.
- The logging of errors in a a SQL Server services database.
- Putting bufferfiles in the projectfolder and not in the TEMP location.
- Counting the following measures: initial rowcount, final rowcount, extract count, insert count, extrat erorr count and insert error count.