IntroductionIn this blogpost I'll guide you through a single server installation of a Reporting Services Report Server in SharePoint mode. The steps include running the SQL Server installation wizard as well as additional configuration tasks that use SharePoint 2010 central administration. A single farm is meaningful for a test or a development environment. This is not recommended for a production environment.
This blogpost is one in a series of blogposts:
- Creating a VM environment with virtualbox (part I).
- Configuration of the domain controller (part II).
- Creating AD users and installing SQL Server 2012 (part III).
- Installation of Sharepoint (part IV).
- Adding the tabular mode instance to the SQL Server installation (part V).
- Adding the powerpivot mode instance to the SQL Server installation (part VI).
- Configuring SharePoint Central Administration (part VII).
- Installing Reporting Services Sharepoint mode as Single Server Farm (part VIII).
- Installing MS SQL Server Powerpivot for Excel 2010 (part IX).
- Installation of SSDT and the SSDT Power tools (part X).
- Installation of Contoso and AdventureWorks databases (part XI).
- Installation of Master Data Services (part XII).
- Installation of Data Quality Services (part XIII).
Configuring Microsoft Sharepoint 2010Go to start Microsoft Sharepoint 2010 Products and click on Central administration. That will show the following starting screen of the configuration wizard. You are asked to particpate in a Custom experience improvement program. Press Next.
A warning show up that some services are about to restart on the server.
On the "Specify Configuration Database Settings" page enter your database server name. Enter the required database name for the SharePoint Configure database. Type the Username and Password to access the Database.
In the "Connect to a Server farm" choose to create a new server farm.
On the "Configure SharePoint Central Administration Web Application" page, you can accept the randomly generated port number or click the checkbox against Specify port number to enter required port number. Specify the Configuration Security Settings. I choose to use Kerberos.
Review the configuration settings defined in previous steps will be displayed on "Completing the SharePoint Products Configuration Wizard". Click the Next button to continue.
Wait until the configuration is finished.
And the configuration was succesful.
Then internet explorer pops up and where the configuring goes further:
When the configuring is done the processing screen is shown. It takes a lot of processing time.
This blogpost was about the configuration of Sharepoint 2010 SP1. Most of the configuration is simple and straight forward.