With DBT it's possible to add custom packages to your project. There are all kind of packages available at DBT Hubs. You can install them into your project. In this blogpost I show you how.
This blogpost is a blogpost in a serie of blogposts :
- Build a data warehouse with DBT and Snowflake on AdventureWorksLT (PART I)
- Build Staging and Dimensions in DBT for Snowflake (PART II)
- Sources in DBT for Snowflake (PART III)
- Data freshness for DBT in snowflake (Part IV)
- Snapshots in DBT for Snowflake (Part V)
- Generic tests in DBT for Snowflake (PART VI)
- Singular tests in DBT for Snowflake (Part VII)
- Add packages to your DBT project (Part VIII)
- Adding documentation to your DBT project (Part IX)
- Working with hooks in DBT (Part X)
- Ephemeral tables in DBT (Part XI)
First add a packages.yml file to your project:
Then go to DBT Hubs and navigate to dbutils
And add the following code to your packages file :
Your packages.yml file should look something like this :
The next step is run dbt deps to download the packages and the installation of dbt_utils.
And now dbt_utils is available in your project.
And now a lot more features are available in your project for usage. You can find more information in the documentation about dbt_utils.